IG / Window / Door
ImmerSeal® GST is an ultra low modulus, extruded silicone strip designed for use in a variety of applications in window, door & IG manufacturing facilities. Due its unique properties, ImmerSeal® GST is commonly used for tooling/smoothing hot melt & warm melt butyl, polysulfide & polyurethane sealant. It is also useful as a non-stick, cushioned liner strip for IG storage racks and is used on gloves or cut as pads for use in handling IG units.
- Key features
- Used in pad form for tooling of hot melt & warm melt butyls and polysulfide & polyurethane sealants in freshly produced IG units. (See Figure 1).
- Thick (1/4”) silicone pads will withstand tooling of un-seamed glass edges.
- 100% silicone formulation provides a durable, non-stick surface.
- Ultra low modulus provides high flexibility and allows material to bend around corners.
- Excellent insulating properties to protect against high temperature sealants.
- Custom designed extrusions can be produced with or without ridges or notches in varying thicknesses and widths.
- Available in roll form or in pre-cut pieces (3.75” long x 1.5” wide).
- Can be adhered to IG storages racks, using ImmerBond® silicone adhesive to provide a cushion & non-stick surface for IG units.
- Use with ImmerBond® silicone adhesive to adhere to a variety of substrates, including metal and wood storage racks.
ImmerSeal® GST pad used to tool hot melt butyl sealant on a freshly produced IG unit
ImmerSeal® GST being installed on an IG rack using ImmerBond® silicone adhesive to bond to the surface of the rack
ImmerSeal® GST installed on both the back and bottom surfaces of an IG rack